Extension electrical services for indoor and outdoor entertaining
We just love seeing the results of our extension electrical services. Our team was excited to be involved in a home extension in Wandana Heights, covering approximately 20sq/m of indoor living, sewing rooms and outdoor entertaining area.
With the Luke Davis Electrical Services team responsible for almost half the extension project, we were happy to go the extra mile to ensure all work was completed within budget and on schedule.
Our extension electrical services team worked after hours and on weekends. With the client away on an extended overseas holiday, it fell to Luke to make many of the important electrical decisions, ensuring we met the clients’ needs.
Highlights of the job included installing:
- a sub-board to power the new extension, including powering the gas heater, ceiling fans and indoor and outdoor lighting
- Brilliant Lighting ceiling fan in the sewing room and Big Ass Fan in the living room
- Clipsal flush mount smoke alarms
- a wired doorbell
- Heatstrip Classic outdoor electric heater panel
- an outdoor spa connection
- LED strip lighting around the outdoor dining area
- Sunny Australia Lighting (SAL) up/down lights
- Havit step lighting on all outdoor steps
- Havit deck lighting around the vast outdoor entertaining area.
As part of the extension electrical services, Luke also installed additional TV and data points and HDMI through Cat 6 using HDMI splitter, baluns and IR receiver. This provided HD Foxtel for the two TVs installed in the extension, saving the client from having to pay for another Foxtel box.
Working with other trades posed some challenges for Luke, with one issue identified in pre-energising testing leading to a small delay. However, being a dedicated professional, Luke was able to quickly rectify the issue – and everything proceeded smoothly.
Take a look at the final extension, completed in September, and contact us to discuss your upcoming project.