Complete house rewire for heritage home in Corio
Luke Davis Electrical Services recently completed a renovation, extension and house rewire for a heritage property in Corio just prior to Christmas, with terrific results.
On initial inspection of the property Luke discovered that much of the electrical installation was in poor condition with a potentially dangerous switchboard, power points on lighting circuits and the existing lights did not have an earth cable. After consulting with the client, it was agreed that this was the right time to completely start again.
As with many projects of this nature, the initial electrical plan was altered along the way, mostly with the addition of extra electrical items. Luke was more than happy to help to ensure things were done right at this critical stage. Any subsequent changes would have been difficult and more costly.
The job was extensive and required:
- a complete electrical rewire of the existing house
- replacement of all existing light switches, power points, TV and data points with new Voltex Electrical Accessories
- moving the switchboard from outside to inside the house with a new enclosure and all electrical circuits protected by their own Hager combination circuit breaker and safety switches (RCBO’s)
- re-running the incoming mains as it was visible and unsightly
- replacement of the old meter panel with a new fibreglass panel with new meter and fuses
- installation of all new hardwired and interconnected Clipsal smoke alarms
- running all new TV points and replacing the old TV antenna and installation of a booster
- installation of a storm water pump controller to help remove excess storm water from underneath and around the house
- connection of four ActronAir air-conditioning units
- addition of two Brilliant Lighting ceiling fans to the existing house
- installation of Fantech exhaust fans in the bathrooms and laundry
- installation of Phillips LED globes throughout, to later be complemented by owner’s own pendant shades.
In addition to rewiring the existing house, an extension was also added to the back of the house comprising a new kitchen, bathroom, laundry and living room and requiring the installation of new LED downlights, pendant lights over the kitchen bench and spotlights in the outdoor entertaining area.
The project ran to a tight budget and timeline, with completion prior to Christmas required – however Luke was able to work closely with all trades ensuring everything ran smoothly and all work was completed on time.
Below are some photos of the final project. Please contact us if you are considering building or renovating.